start Unknown job ssh error while running Xubuntu Live CD

start Unknown job ssh error while running Xubuntu Live CD


I tried running Xubuntu Live CD on an older laptop, but ssh server didnt wanted to start.
Running the start init.d script

sudo /etc/init.d/ssh start

showed me this error "start: Unknown job: ssh"
Searching for an answer lead me to this ubuntuforums.org post and this stackoverflow post. None of those solutions worked, however they helped me in a way to solve this problem.
Xubuntu Live CD doesnt have ssh server installed by default. I installed the ssh client and server:

sudo apt-get install ssh openssh-server -y

and I tried to start it when it gave me the error.
By running the ssh server manually
/usr/sbin/sshd -D

showed me this error "Missing priviledge separation directory: /var/run/sshd"
By creating this directory, the problem was solved:
sudo mkdir /var/run/sshd

Now, I can simply run
/usr/sbin/sshd -D

and the ssh server works

download file now

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spider Man Friend Or Foe ISO Free Download PPSSPP Setting

Sorry Mutter closed unexpectedly on Ubuntu 10 10

Solution Ubuntu 10 04 minimize maximize and close button to right