Still remember last time when using nvidia geforce2 to play dota the revolution of graphic card of my pc
Still remember last time when using nvidia geforce2 to play dota the revolution of graphic card of my pc
During my degree times, I got a Intel Celeron CPU with Nvidia geforce 2 Quadro graphic card and a total of 384mb sdram for me to play game and do my assignment. But most of the time its being used for gaming purpose.
Dota this game was introduced by one of my friend, Ken. I copied the dota map and put into my warcraft III download folder and play LAN game with my friend. After that slowly move to battlenet and play at Blueserver. Still remember I really quite confuse with the equipment combination and was very noob.
Nvidia geforce2 Quadro is my first graphic card and its been used from diploma to my degree times. Still remember last time when I play warcarft III or dota, before that I will need to set the graphic options all to the lowest setting. This is because the graphic card is not that good and will cause lagness if I set to better graphic setting. Poor graphic card is the main reason to cause me not to play 3D game.
After that I changed to ATI 9250 agp during the final year of my degree study due to the previous nvidia graphic card fan faulty and cant be used anymore. Therefore Im able to set the graphic options for warcraft III to medium setting.
Until I finished my degree and work in Singapore then I got my first Personal Computer which using the money that I earn from hard work. Its quite happy to see it and my first used own money bought PC had an ATI x1650pro 64 bit graphic card powered by AMD Athlon 64x2 3800+ processor. I expected it to be very out perform if compare to my old rig in Malaysia but when I tested with 3D mark 2006, its a bit disappointed to me.
So I try to search through forum and see any comment and review regarding this model of graphic card that I bought. I feel that I was cheated because the x1650pro that I bought was actually a 64 bit version with 256 ddr2 and it can said to be the lowest grade among x1650pro family. After almost one year later I decided to sell it through vr zone and get another second hand Nvidia geforce 8600gts from there.
Although when the time I used ati x1650pro I already can set the warcraft III graphic option to all highest setting but when come to the new game like hell gate london or crysis its really hard to play it with medium graphic setting. Finally after I changed to this 4 months old second hand Nvidia geforce 8600gts I can get a boost performance if compare to my previous ati x1650pro.
For the performance comparison tested using 3D mark 2003, ATI x1650pro score 4k++ and Nvidia geforce 8600gts score 17k++. Another great impact that you can see is I got the vista overall performance score 3.0 / 5.0 when I used ati x1650pro but after change to Nvidia geforce 8600gts my windows vista performance score is 5.0/5.0 which is maximum. This is the revolution of graphic card for my pc. haha.
download file now
Comments
Post a Comment