Stay Anonymous on internet Doxing Prevention
Stay Anonymous on internet Doxing Prevention
Stay Anonymous on internet / Dox Prevention
Table of Contents
Introduction
Virtual Private Networks and Proxies
Browser plugins/add-ons/extensions
Preventing a Dox
Footprint removal / Cleaning up after a Dox
Introduction
First off would like to say, welcome to my tutorial, it is a bit long so make sure to book mark it for future reference!
Being on the internet now a days is not as safe as it used to be, especially if one is wanting to become a "Hacker". Most of the time people will attempt to harm you directly and being anonymous, can help you negate these problems partially, if not all.
Though there are many tutorials out there, I hope that this tutorial will truly help you more then others, as I have made this as simple and efficient as possible.
Now, lets start with the tutorial!
Proxies and Virtual Private Networks (VPN)
Now for people that dont know what a virtual Private network is or a proxy, let me explain.
Virtual Private Networks and proxies are meant to conceal your true IP Address (Internet Protocol Address). Virtual Private Networks and proxies are both different things, but are similar in a lot of ways. How are they Similar? Both VPNs and proxies can hide your IP address by connecting to the server and using the server to access the internet. How are they different? VPNs Encrypt the data thats transmitted between you and the server you are connecting too, while a proxy only masks your IP address.
As you can see obviously using a VPN to hide your IP address is a much better, in most cases that is.
Here are a list of proxy websites I found just googling, Im sure you can find more.
http://proxylist.hidemyass.com/
http://www.freeproxylists.net/
http://incloak.com/proxy-list/
http://www.samair.ru/proxy/
http://www.us-proxy.org/
http://www.proxy4free.com/list/webproxy1.html
Now with a VPN, I cant recommend you any as I use my personal VPN and on top of that I dont want to endorse any products from other people. What I will do is give you tips on buying a good VPN.
1. Make sure the VPN you are buying does not keep logs. A lot of VPNs will claim they dont keep logs, but in fact they actually do! So always make sure they do not keep logs.
2. Check if the servers have good speed, nobody wants to lag when their on a VPN
3. This one should be quite obvious. Make sure the prices are reasonable, dont overpay for something you shouldnt be over paying for.
4. Ask the owner if the server is offshore, make sure you ask them directly.
5. Check how many locations the VPN provides.
You should use this as a guideline when buying a VPN, of course you can also look for your own preferences.
Now I did not have a chance to explain why hiding your IP address is important. First off a IP address will show your location, which nobody should be knowing. Also you can be leaving yourself open for DDoS attacks, which are just flat out annoying. Leaving your IP address out there can make it easier for people to dox you, which I will explain further ahead.
Browser plugins/add-ons/extensions
Now internet browsers, are something we use very frequently. For instance you are probably reading this with a internet browser too, though I would hope and assume you would know that. Anyways, browser plugins/add-ons/extensions are essential, so I will list most of the plugins/add-ons/extensions I use.
(Side note) I use Firefox, as I feel it is safer to use over chrome. I know chrome is the popular option so I will also link chrome too.
Disconnect
Disconnect blocks trackers from websites you go on.
Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox...isconnect/
Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detai...dfeo?hl=en
Ad block Plus
This one im sure a lot of people have, but it will be very beneficial to those that dont. Basically Ad black plus just block ads which can trace you, or annoy the shit out of you.
Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox...lock-plus/
Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detai...idom?hl=en
Zenmate
Zenmate, is simply just a extension that connects your browser to their VPN.
Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/ad...ivacy-vpn/
Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detai...bhfomcebme
HTTPS Everywhere
HTTPS Everywhere, connects you to website in HTTPS (What Is HTTPS?)
Firefox: https://www.eff.org/HTTPS-EVERYWHERE
Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detai...donpmejbdp
Preventing a Dox
Now this is my favorite part, and is also extremely crucial in staying anonymous. Now I advise you read every part of this as if you do even one thing wrong it can come back to bite you in the future.
Now of course one of the most obvious things is to hide your IP address in any way. Now some of you may be thinking, "Oh well thats obvious, and even if they do have it whats the worst that can happen. They DDos me? they find what city I live in? so what?". In the doxing world everything is completely thorough, what I mean by this is that when they are trying to find information on you, people will leave no stones unturned. So say your skype IP is xxx.xx.xx.xxx, with the user name "fakename123". Now you also have a forum account or something outside of Skype but you have it as a different name, for example "Himynameisbob". Now first of all having different Skype name and forum name is a very good thing! That way people dont find your Skype, unless you give it to them (unless they tell others). Now the problem is both of these accounts have the same IP, and thats were your f*cked. Doxers are going to notice that, and are going to put that together and know that is you, same thing applies to different accounts, such as gaming,forum,email,PayPal, etc.
Also if you use Skype, you should always have a proxy or VPN set up on it. Im sure theres a guide out there for it, but if you want me to help you with it just drop me a PM.
To summarize this and not make this super long, you should never give out any information to people small or big. People will piece it together like a puzzle, one wrong move and they can pick up that breadcrumb trail which can lead to sensitive info.
Disposable emails are also very important, I never use the same email for anything. I have a different email for everything I use, again you need to leave 0 opportunity for Doxers to get you. A very important rules is to never use the same password for anything, if you singed up for something you might be vulnerable to have your logins on a leaked DB, and youll never know when somebody will take advantage of that.
Now Im sure you know this already, but use a fake name and location. Personally, I have 3 fake identities which I use, in fact Ive used a alias that belongs to somebody else to throw people off! Now Im sure In real life, being unique is great and all, but online you want to be as bland as possible, that way doxers cant identify you. A good test for this is just too google your alias online in quotations (""). So Ill use myself as a example, I typed my alias on google, with quotations "Renascentia". When I searched nothing about me has come up, only things about the word "Renascentia" as it means reborn in latin. So there is nothing you can link to me, which is of course a good thing. So golden rule, bland stuff is good on the internet, dont be flashy and unique.
Footprint removal / Cleaning up after a Dox
So lets say youve already been doxed, or you want to leave no trace of your in real life profiles online. This is what we call Footprint removal, to begin with like I said earlier Google your name/alias, if anything pops up relating to you, remove it. Now some things cant be removed that easily, what you can do is contact the staff of whatever you want to be removed from, and tell them you want to be removed, or you can make a story to convince them. Obviously do the same with any details about you, your address, IP address, Email, Aliases, etc. I know that this part might be a bit tricky so you can PM me and I will help you.
A great way of throwing people off is posting a fake dox of yourself I have a couple fake doxed up myself too.
Now for the footprint removal, this part is not written by me and all credits go to HERE
The following list was provided as being the "big boys", so if you remove your name from these ones then all the smaller "sites" should fall afterwards.
Intelius.com
Acxiom.com
MyLife.com
ZabaSearch.com
Spoke.com
BeenVerified.com
PeekYou.com
USSearch.com
PeopleFinders.com
PeopleLookup.com
PeopleSmart.com
PrivateEye.com
WhitePages.com
USA-People-Search.com
Spokeo.com
PublicRecordsNow.com
DOBSearch.com
Radaris.com
How to remove yourself from each of these have been listed below. I would recommend that you scan some form of ID such as a state issued ID like a drivers license. Black out your picture and drivers number. Leaving your name, address and DOB visible. Any sites that requires such a thing will have an * after the address.
Intelius.com* - Opt-out
Acxiom.com - Opt-out
MyLife.com - To request that a Member Profile or Public Profile be deleted, please contact Customer Care at 1-888-704-1900 or contact us by email at privacy@mylife.com. Upon receipt of these requests, and confirmation that you are requesting that your own profile be removed, please allow MyLife 10 business days to complete this removal. It may be necessary to contact you to validate that you are the profile owner requesting the removal. This is to ensure the correct identity and profile ownership before completing these requests, and is for the protection of our users and their privacy.
Zabasearch.com* - Opt-out
Spokeo.com - Opt-out
BeenVerified.com - LawyerCTs guide
Peekyou.com - Opt-Out
USSearch.com* - Opt-Out
PeopleFinders.com - Opt-Out: Annoying form you have to mail in
PeopleLookup.com* - In order for PeopleLookup to suppress or opt out your personal information from appearing on our Website, we need to verify your identity. To do this, we require faxed proof of identity. Proof of identity can be a state issued ID card or drivers license. If you are faxing a copy of your drivers license, we require that you cross out the photo and the drivers license number. We only need to see the name, address and date of birth. We will only use this information to process your opt out request. Please fax to 425-974-6194 and allow 4 to 6 weeks to process your request.
PeopleSmart.com - Opt-Out
PrivateEye.com - Opt-Out
Whitepages.com - Opt-Out
USA-People-Search.com - Opt-Out: Yet another form to mail in
Spoke.com - Scroll Down to Access and Correction Section for more info
PublicRecordsNow.com - Still determining how to remove...
DOBSearch.com* - In order for us to �opt out� your public information from being viewable on the public DOBsearch People Finder search results, we need to verify your identity and require faxed proof of identity. Proof of identity can be a state issued ID card or drivers license, or notarized letter. If you are faxing a copy of your drivers license, you may cross out the photo and the drivers license number. We only need to see the name, address and date of birth. Please fax to 516-717-3017 and allow 4 to 6 weeks to completely process your request. It is your responsibility to ensure legibility of your document
Radaris.com - Opt-Out; Thanks to those who figured it out.
Those are all the major sites. Of course, you could go to the topic mentioned in the beginning of this post and find LawyerCTs business to have a team of professionals remove these for you at a fee.
Thank you for reading my guide and if there are any mistakes or things you would like to add feel free to tell me. On top of that, if you need any help feel free to ask me, you can PM me or just post on this thread.
Remember even by following these steps NEVER ASSUME YOU ARE UNDOXABLE, there is always a way. For example, look at vinnie, even he has been doxed!
download file now
Comments
Post a Comment