Sonic CD

Sonic CD


Sonic CD is a game released by SEGA on the SEGA CD in 1993. Whod have guessed this game was made way before Sonic 3. No wonder controlling Sonic seems somewhat stiff, you know like Sonic 1. And Tails seems to be nowhere in sight. I have had this game several times, and I have never really played through it. I never got to play the game in the 90s, it was later on. And I brought the game on the Xbox 360, you could change to both versions, the American and Japanese. They are both differently, when it comes to the music. This is the American version. I think its best to get into the Sonic spirit, before Christmas. Not much is really known about the origin of Sonic but what is known is that he is in fact a Christmas themed character and was born on Christmas Island. All you have to do is look at Sonics shoes. Tails who became Sonics sidekick originally lived on Cocoa Island, before he started following Sonic. Now all the Christmas themed official Sonic images make perfect sense. But SEGA has messed up Sonics backstory so we really have no idea about Sonic and his true past. Who were his parents?



 According to SEGA Sonic is just Sonic. The whole series has been twisted and turned, so we as the public...well those who are interested because not everyone really cares about fictional characters you know it doesnt even cross some peoples minds...we just know Sonic as the blue hedgehog who can run fast and I am pretty sure he has been seen by millions of people, but I would say 50% of people dont really care for animated characters. Theyll probably watch The Simpsons or Family Guy and thats about it. I think you really have to get into it. Can the said series cater to you? Or would you find it a little too babyish to watch or play? Being a game or a TV show? You know I have my limits, if something is a little too pre-school like I just cant really watch it. Unless you are say, watching it with someone younger than yourself, then you are watching it for their sake, not your own. If you are a certain age 50% of the time your parent will not be happy. Its probably best to have two TV sets. I used to watch Sonic X all through. I watched a lot of things, and had no idea what was going on. Was my mother happy? No she was not. She hated watching cartoons. She could watch some, like Chowder but it really annoyed her. I can now understand how she felt. You know Totally Spies is on TV all through the night, and I cant watch it anymore. I loved that series when I was young, and now I just cant watch it. Im too old, and the series no longer caters to me. The animation is beautiful, the characters are totally awesome, there is an amazing cast doing the roles....I just cant watch it. And that is what growing up is all about. I...easily lose interest in things, things that would excite me when I was younger. When I was younger the excitement just wouldnt go away, I felt like I had butterflies inside me. And I wanted everything, but now...Ive seen the world. Lived in the world, grown up and nothing really does it for me anymore. I like a few things, but they dont really do it for me. Now I easily lose interest. Its not long till Christmas, so I am really going to get into the SEGA spirit. And most of my blog posts before Xmas will be all Sonic related.



While Sonic makes his way through the first level he comes across a crazy fan girl, by the name of Rosy the Rascal aka Amy Rose. Apparently she was already obsessed with Sonic, and did all that fortune telling jargon...and figured by doing so that she was destined to encounter Sonic on the Little Planet. Amy grabs onto Sonic, and just wont let him go. Shes one of those...girls...you know the crazy ones. Just ask any male performer, hell know what you mean. You know those girls that GRAB and rip the guys t-shirts like wild animals, well Amy is one of them, luckily for Sonic he doesnt wear any clothes. She even has a speaking voice? She can laugh. I did state that Sonic CD had a little voice-over. Its very small, there isnt much.



You like literally have to throw the bitch off. She wont let go...after Sonic escapes her grasp she starts jumping like crazy. So Amy made her debut one year after Tails.



I really hate the future and past signs in the game. Passing them...can make you jump through time. What??? I dont want to go through time!!! Oh, and youd never guess who jumps down from the sky? Eggman!!!



As usual his attack patterns are easy to counter and he will explode as usual.



Little did Sonic know that Amy would be waiting for him. And now she is super hyper.



She will stalk Sonic up to a certain point, and will be taken by Metal Sonic. Sonic goes after him, in order to save her??? Even though Sonic finds her to be quite annoying. But wasnt that where Sonic was heading anyway?



The special stage is annoying. What were SEGA thinking? Id take any other games over this one any day.



The next boss to follow up is quite stupid. The battle turns into some sort of pin-ball game. You have to get up the top to defeat Eggy, which is quite hard.



The boss levels are quite crazy and hard at that. You got Eggman using some really dangerous mechanical creations. Hes very well protected, to think hed go through all this trouble to destroy Sonic. Most of the Sonic stages have background vocal. So SEGA did actually add singing into the Sonic series many years before Sonic R was released.



Sooner or later Metal Sonic and Eggman will appear. And Metal Sonic will challenge Sonic to a race.



The race was terrible, there were spikes everywhere...what the hell were SEGA thinking? If you dont make it to the end Eggman blasts Sonic to death with his laser beam.



Amy Rose is locked on some sort of pole, so I guess its up to Sonic to save her butt.



After Sonic saves Amy she just wont let him go.



Oh, but the game is not over yet. Even though Metal Sonic was defeated, Eggman ended up escaping. The next stage is hardcore. There are beams that can make Sonic small which is quite cute but annoying. When Sonic gets near to the end of the stage he will turn back to normal.



The last battle between Sonic and Eggman is not that hard. Sonic just has to hit him when possible and hell eventually fall. Amy Rose will appear and annoy Sonic.



Sonic will escape with Amy and put her down safely.



Sonic quickly ditches his stalker. You know Amy shes been grabbing at Sonic. Who knows what shed have done? She was most likely groping him at some point. All those hearts around her show her true intent and that is...LOVE.



The look on Amys face explains everything. She was probably thinking, DAMNhes left already I had so much to offer. Shes a little too young to be thinking that way right? But nope...shes Sonic MAD. Shes totally in love with him and he just doesnt feel the same. One because she is way younger than he is. Im not sure but i think she is 9-10 years old? In her original appearances. To be honest I cant remember but she is not that far from Tails. Sonic? He is 15-16. SEGA kept changing his age, so i just put 15-16. His official age now, is 15. So he is a teenager. Hes not even a pre-teen. I think pre-teens are...11-14? Although i could be wrong, who really knows for sure. In other words shes too young for him or he is not interested or doesnt want a girlfriend. Who knows Sonic might be gay for all we know. He pretty much prefers the company of Tails to anyone.



And thats basically the end of this game. The game will tell you to try again if you did not complete all of the special stages. HELL NO!!! Those special stages were stupid. They are probably the worst I have came across throughout the whole of the Sonic series.



Looking at Amy the only female character to be added into the original series. I think SEGA were taking notes from Nintendo and wanted a Princess Peach of their very own. They wanted a damsel in distress. But Amy wasnt really supposed to have been girly, she dressed girly but was supposed to have been that of a tomboy and was supposed to have been able to defend herself. SEGA later showed this in Sonic the Fighters. As said most of the original SEGA art is mostly Christmas related because Sonic is somewhat Christmas inspired. Oh, those were the days...the Sega Saturn, the Sega Pico. Virtua Fighter...and you know what just came to mind? In Sonic the Gameworld Knuckles was not added? Instead Amy took his place? I never even thought of it, it just never came to mind at the time of playing through the game. And thats Sonic CD and all the character information and all of my personal thoughts on the subject in question. Id suggest playing a Sonic game on Christmas day. I think I have been through most of the Sonic gaming series and gave my input while complaining and ranting about random crap. I think I will move onto Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 as they are now also classed as old. I remember when they came out, it was like what happened to Sonic? But as said many times people get used to change in the end, even if it ruins a franchise. To be honest that new change wasnt all that bad. If you look at Sonic of 2000 to his appearance today and the whole characters changing...youd think...the 2000 change was not that bad.


 I just cant stop thinking about what SEGA did to Knuckles...YUCK!!! I just cant look at the character anymore, hes UGLY!!! Im going to make that known, they so ruined him. Hes a big bulky...monster. Hes no longer hot and hes lost his looks. He now reminds me of that giant monster, from Lilo and Stitch...haha. I wonder if anyone else hates Knuckles new appearance? Nothing much we can really do. All his new appearance does is repel me away from the character. People were right...it all comes down to the character design. If something is ugly...it really does make you think....eww. Sometimes the character can have a great personality. But Knuckles personality...is I cant really explain so it doesnt really make much of an impact. Remember he didnt speak in the original gaming series, so you just thought of him how you wanted to.

download file now

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spider Man Friend Or Foe ISO Free Download PPSSPP Setting

Sorry Mutter closed unexpectedly on Ubuntu 10 10

Solution Ubuntu 10 04 minimize maximize and close button to right